Sunday, January 20, 2008

moments of experience

I sit in a downtown cafe looking out the window watching the light fade
The music plays loud enough to hear-but not overwheling
I sit facing the window-my back turned to the commotion inside
A group of four sit to my left, a group of architects talking about their work
I drink a warm coffee-mainly because I felt obligated, since I plan to be here for a while
The darker it becomes-the more traffic starts to increase
people continue to walk by in front of me on the sidewalk

I see cars maving past-moving from one destination to the next
I am siting in a public place-a socoil gathering where we come for a moment
A group to my left talks business
I am physically segregated from the street-yet visually it is what attracts me
many people pass by on the sidewalk, looking into the window curiously
there is a connection between myself and those that pass by for a brief moment
the rest of my sense are consumed by this interior environment
the music, the coffee, conversations
I hear conversations of the people sitting around me-catching bits and pieces
The mood is relaxing
Lights on trees illuminate the sidewalk

No comments: