Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Omni Lobby

The driveway is not just a semi-circle. It is mostly a full circle.

I walked all the way around half of it. There’s a fountain in the middle of the driveway. It is a full circle.

The Lobby is just what you expect; very sedate, very sophisticated. It’s busier than I thought it would be. There are people meeting everywhere. I guess it’s a popular place.

I look for somewhere to sit. I don’t want to sit in front of the TV and the only other inconspicuous space seems to be behind the TV.

I’m not hiding, I just don’t want to get any suspicious looks. I said hello to one of the desk people as a passed by, and they smiled, but their moods could change.

I sit facing the back of the TV case; directly in front of a picture of a cloud. I guess it’s supposed to be relaxing.

There’s a little table right in front of me with three more chairs around it. The chairs were trying to be strategically placed, but the one directly in front on me is not centered with the painting. That bugs me a little.

Theirs is some little decorative gold cup on the table. It’s not even close to being centered. That bugs me a little.

There is a small lamp hanging over the painting. It’s crooked and one of the miniscule bulbs is not working. That bugs me a lot.

It is louder than I expected. A little hard to tune everything out and concentrate on reading. Someone starts to play the piano that I noticed when I walked in. At least I think that it is the one that I noticed. I didn’t see another one.

There is a little store in front of me and to the right called MORSELS. There are people meeting at the little tables in there, too. They seem to sale only healthy little snacks.

I’m in a little semi-circular nook with glass walls that lead to outside seating and a pool. It’s nice, but I’m facing away from the windows. I didn’t do it on purpose. I don’t know why I sat facing away from the view.

I was hoping that the music would help me to tune out the conversations, but everyone just started talking louder. There are elevators on my right. People are loud getting on and off elevators. It’s harder to concentrate that I would like.

Two-thirds of the way through the reading, the lights above me go off. It’s 4:35; Why? The reading was interesting, but I think I’ll have to read it again.

As I walk out, I see that there is no-one playing the piano that I noticed. It’s playing itself.

I didn’t see that there is a bar in the middle of the lobby. How did I miss that? It’s a short bar. Maybe that’s why there were so many people and other people taking orders.

No comments: